Top Things Kurt Cobain Would Be Doing if He Weren’t Dead
- Working as a Diversity and Inclusion consultant in Portland, Oregon.
- Reinventing himself as a progressive scholar.
- Reinventing himself as an intellectual man of letters.
- Undertaking an intense, holistic approach to intersectional analysis.
- Speaking Inconvenient Truths to power.
- Transcending cisnormative, transphobic orthodoxies.
- Refusing to sacrifice his integrity.
- Advocating on behalf of anti-consumerism in Portland, Oregon.
- Refusing to be commodified by the music industry.
- Living in Olympia, Washington.
- Enjoying the caviar buffet at a prog fundraiser with esteemed journo Max Blumenthal (spawn of Sidney).
- Making your ass coo like a machine gun of pandemonium and rage.
- Comparing America to “a collapsing turd” or “an imperialistic Pop Tart.”
- Telling you he doesn’t need your major labels or your over-produced schlock.
- Telling you he only listens to colored vinyl.
- Taking on the majority culture, white-male KKKorporate shit machine.
- Grappling with the immensity of his thoughts in Portland, Oregon.
- Discussing how suicide was “off brand” for him.
- Trying not to encroach on feminist spaces.
- Doing advocacy work for Preferred Pronoun usage.
- Rocking the vote for Barack Obama.
- Telling you he hates malls.
- Telling you he hates your face.
- Telling you that progressive politics = the prized Rothschild Egg.
Tags: Arts and Entertainment, Barack Obama, Charlie Rose, Courtney Love, cruise, fundraisers, Kurt Cobain, LGBT Community, Media Matters for America, Morris Dees, MSNBC, music industry, Nirvana, Oregon, Pop Tart, Portland, the Nation, turds, United States