LINKS ENJOYAugust 1, 2012 by MC | Filed under Stuff.
- Brian Doherty on Gore Vidal, who is now dead: “Vidal had a winning mistrust of elites and understood–and this is the key to why so many cannot tolerate him–that they, especially in the American security and foreign policy apparati, didn’t necessarily mean well and could and did behave evilly.”
- David Harsanyi: Mr. President, You’re No Bill Clinton
- Gavin McInnes: “Liberals are not idiots. They’re just like you were when you first moved out of your parents’ house. It’s like their research is cryogenically frozen right before Google was invented. However, unlike extremist Muslims and Hasidic Jews, some of the things they believe are actually correct.”
- Michael Shermer: “…even though I am a life-long libertarian who champions freedom in all spheres of life and has previously opposed gun-control measures in principle (I do not personally enjoy hunting or recreational gun shooting), I now believe that the freedom of a few people to own WMMs (Weapons of Mass Murder) conflicts with the freedom of the rest of us to enter the public sphere without the chance of our ultimate freedom of life itself being cut short.”
- Nate Cohn: “Bad political analysts received a gift today: a new tool to reinforce their worst instincts. Twitter has launched the ‘Twitter Political Index,’ which will apparently provide a daily assessment of political sentiment on twitter.”
- Sue Shellenbarger: How Honest Are You With Yourself?
- “The altercation…got its start off-camera when [Norman] Mailer head-butted Vidal in the green room.“
Tags: America, Bill Clinton, Brian Doherty, David Harsanyi, evil, Gavin McInnes, Gore Vidal, gun control, guns, Hasidic Jews, liberals, Michael Shermer, Muslims, Norman Mailer, self-deception, TV, Twitter, violence, Wall Street Journal