रात में लिंकFebruary 10, 2013 by MC | Filed under Stuff.
- Daniel Kalder: “…Felix Dzerzhinsky had a soul. He knew the pangs of love, the joys and sorrows of family. He advocated tolerance, openness, freedom, fairness, balance- in family life anyway. In his career as a fanatical communist and mass murderer he had no problem with imposing his viewpoints on millions, via the barrel of a gun if necessary. If only they’d invented television, and Oprah, earlier. Felix might have found another, less catastrophic, career.”
- From the Man, Economy & Sport blog: “I wonder if the [Green Bay] Packers’ unique ownership structure might not be a working model for organizing a local government along more libertarian lines. Imagine a city where you sold shares to raise revenue for capital projects — building roads, fire stations, et al. — and limited the number of shares any one person could purchase at a time. Shareholders could vote for directors (city councilors) and for or against charter revisions (bylaws), but they could not sell the shares for profit or otherwise enjoy any special privileges. And when you needed to raise money for another capital project, you could just sell more shares. Operating expenses would then be paid through user fees — after all, Packers shareholders still have to buy tickets to actually attend games.”
- Jack Shafer: Obama’s Dicey License to Kill
- More Kalder: ”The other day I was filling up my car at a gas station, when all of a sudden I heard a weird, squeaky voice coming from somewhere close behind me. Unnerved, I looked around. First left, then right, but I couldn’t see anybody. It was bizarre: as though I had a talking cricket on my shoulder. Listening more closely, I realized the cricket was chatting about Lindsay Lohan and a terrible dress she had worn to a premiere. I was being haunted by the ghost of a microscopic E! channel talking head.”
- Nick Gillespie: You Don’t Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way Journalists Blow
- The statist jerk we had before the current statist jerk is a gifted painter
Tags: Business, careers, crickets, Daniel Kalder, death, E! Channel, Felix Dzerzhinsky, Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Wisconsin, Jack Shafer, killing, Libertarian, libertarianism, Lindsay Lohan, Nick Gillespie, Oprah, ownership, Russia, shareholders, sports, talking heads