AtardecerFebruary 19, 2013 by MC | Filed under Stuff.
- Glenn Greenwald on MSNBC: “But whatever one wants to call this, ‘journalism’ is the wrong label. Even ideologically-friendly media outlets which claim that mantle should be devoted to accountability and treating those who wield power adversarially, not flattering the preexisting beliefs of their audience and relentlessly glorifying political leaders. Presidents have actual press secretaries and Party spokespeople for that.”
- Kathy Shaidle — Bring Back the Duel: “Under the dueling system, courts will be freed up. The firearms and funeral businesses will boom. And at the end of the day, the world will be down a few idiots. This isn’t some ‘modest proposal,’ either. I’m deadly serious. And if you don’t believe me, it’s pistols at dawn.”
- Scott Locklin on Kickstarter: “… I’m all for capitalism, the arts and charity, but kickstarter is a place where all socially and technologically inept proposals go to … needlessly gather internet attention that would otherwise be more productively spent on cat memes.”
- The Daily Galaxy: “If confirmed, the discovery of the elusive Higgs Boson would help resolve a key puzzle about how the universe came into existence some 13.7 billion years ago – and perhaps its ultimate fate. ‘It may be that the universe we live in is inherently unstable and at some point billions of years from now it’s all going to get wiped out. This calculation tells you that many tens of billions of years from now, there’ll be a catastrophe,’ said Joseph Lykken, a theoretical physicist with the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, who is also on the science team at Europe’s Large Hadron Collider, or LHC, the world’s largest and highest-energy particle accelerator.”
- The Japan Times: “Using genetically modified pigs that lack the ability to grow their own pancreases, a team of Japanese scientists has succeeded in growing the gland in the pigs by injecting normal pig embryonic cells into their embryos. The achievement marks progress toward the team’s goal of creating human pancreases in pigs for transplantation into human diabetic…”
Tags: capitalism, cavemen, cells, charity, dawn, diabetes, dueling, funerals, Glenn Greenwald, guns, Higgs boson, idiots, Japan Times, Joseph Lykken, journalism, Kathy Shaidle, Kickstarter, Large Hadron Collider, media, MSNBC, pancreases, pigs, pistols, presidents, servitude, teeth, theoretical physics, TV, universe, White House