- By MC
- In Stuff
- With No Comments
- Tagged with 3-D printing action figures activism Ann Hornaday Baltimore bars Freddie Mercury grocery stores home Judd Apatow kids maps Mark Hemingway Mike Patton MSNBC music Queen Rachel Maddow retards Seth Rogen singers Toure war Washington Post Wisconsin women WWII
- On 29 May | '2014
- Maps of places where bars outnumber grocery stores: “…you can really see that high bar concentration in Wisconsin, whereas a lot of the country has at least three times more grocery stores.”
- Mark Hemingway — Who’s to Blame for Elliot Rodger’s Rampage?
After the shooting spree at the University of California, Santa Barbara on Friday, the young killer left behind a chilling manifesto and YouTube video highlighting his sexual alienation as a motivation for his crimes. With the blood still drying, Washington Post film critic Ann Hornaday singled out an unusual source of blame for the killings – Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow movies…
Oy. Sure enough, Rogen and Apatow reacted to Hornaday’s attempt to blame them with outrage, and I can’t say I blame them. It’s hard to even know where to start with this. Unlike many, I don’t even disagree with the basic notion that we should pay attention to how entertainment morally shapes our kids. But in an era of ubiquitous and instantaneous pornography, complaining about comedies playing at the cineplex makes it seem like Hornaday’s priorities are a bit skewed.
- Mike Patton, greatest singer of all-time?
- Possibly retarded MSNBC dullard Toure‘ advises holocaust survivors to check their privilege
- A new Queen album cometh with previously unreleased material featuring Freddie Mercury
- Rancid Honeytrap on the insufferable propagandist creature called Rachel Maddow (I love the line about how Maddow glamours her fans into thinking she’s on the side of accountability.)
Pat Sheehan pic.twitter.com/BXmALrYnIh
— Old School Women (@OldSchoolWomen) May 28, 2014