The back-flip over the police car at the 3:54 mark is One of Life’s Greatest Things.
Posts in the cops category
- By MC
- In Stuff
- With No Comments
- Tagged with America angels awesome books cops Douglas Rushkoff Fatuousness going broke Gore Vidal happiness human nature Jaron Lanier Jesse Walker Kevin Williamson marketplace Medea Hypothesis new ownership paranoia Permanence Peter Ward Police Radley Balko reading rich Steven Pinker the end the future the present United States violence Warrior Cop warriors
- On 14 May | '2013
I’ve been in a literary dry spell for a while. Bought a Gore Vidal book and barely touched it. And I haven’t bothered to finish a few other things sitting around. Can’t get motivated to properly dig into this quite yet either.
But there are a few newly available titles trickling into the market right now, and they have my interest piqued.
A few of them:
- Intuition Pumps And Other Tools for Thinking, by Daniel Dennett
- Present Shock: When Everything Happens Now, by Douglas Rushkoff
- Science Left Behind: Feel-Good Fallacies and the Rise of the Anti-Scientific Left, by Alex Berezow, et al
- The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, by Steven Pinker
- The End Is Near and It’s Going to Be Awesome: How Going Broke Will Leave America Richer, Happier, and More Secure, by Kevin Williamson
- The Fortunes of Permanence: Culture and Anarchy in an Age of Amnesia, by Roger Kimball
- The United States of Paranoia: A Conspiracy Theory, by Jesse Walker
- Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier
Thoughts, anyone? I like the title for Kimball’s book, which apparently came out last year. Reminds me of the name I gave to a tag/category cloud on this site long ago, i.e. the Permanence of Fatuousness.
UPDATE: Got the Kindle version of Williamson’s book. So far, so good. Very engaging read early on.