- Flashing tourist (NSFW)
- Man-beast erotica in advertising
- Raquel Welch turned 70 over the weekend
- The truth as rendered by Yakov Smirnov (NSFW)
- Does Brett Favre’s invulnerability, and the endless agony it puts him through in terms of retirement choices, make him Faust? (Pal Rob introduced this theory to me last night.)
- 18% of people think the economy is fit as a fucking fiddle
- Does speaking truth to power even work?
- Hitchens: “…I pause to take part in a thought experiment, and to ask myself: Am I in favor of the untrammeled ‘free exercise of religion’? No, I am not.”
- Jacob Weisberg on Obama, re: gay marriage: “How dismal that America’s first black president will be remembered as shirking the last great civil rights struggle.”
- Los Angeles school named after Al Gore full of toxic contaminants
- Seattle police, whom I’ve found to be quite friendly, nevertheless have much blood on their hands right now
- Sean Carroll expounds on Stephen Hawking’s recent God talk
I’ll Show You the Life of the Mind!
- “Writing is a solitary occupation. Family, friends, and society are the natural enemies of the writer. He must be alone, uninterrupted, and slightly savage if he is to sustain and complete an undertaking.” — Jessamyn West
Look at That Pussy!
- If you live in Austin, Texas and find yourself in dire need of kittens, here’s the place to go