Culled from the Tumblr
Posts in the Tumblr category
Mining the Tumblr realm.
Some new finds.
- By MC
- In Stuff
- With No Comments
- Tagged with cities colonoscopy crack crack-smoking mayors credit cards Daniel Kalder drugs fighting food Frank Sinatra freedom Government J.D. Tuccille Jenn Tisdale jet skis Jim Goad Jim Henson journals Madison McDonald's mixed martial arts MMA Muppets music noise nurses parents porn porno Portland Portland Oregon Propofol Racism radio stations rapper Richie Incognito Rob Ford Seattle sex Sic Ill Tumblr United States Wisconsin women
- On 7 Nov | '2013
- Arena football is returning to Portland
- Daniel Kalder on the bizarre spectacle of kids’ MMA: “…there’s a difference between playground wars and kids’ MMA, namely that the teachers at my school did not run out and join us in our fight circle to cheer on the violence. Instead, like the responsible adults they were, they broke up the battles. But at MMA events, the parents sit in the audience celebrating the beatings. And that seems a bit odd.”
- Did Richie Incognito use his quarterback’s credit card to buy a jet ski?
- Is Madison, Wisconsin the country’s most racist city?
- J.D. Tuccille: “…to hell with arguing for more freedom, let’s take it.“
- Jim Goad, after a colonoscopy the other day in which he received the anesthetic Propofol: “They shot me up with a creamy syringe of the sweet nectar again this morning. As the nurse pressed the plunger, she told me I’d be unconscious in 3-5 seconds. I vowed to stay awake longer than that, but I was out before the plunger hit bottom. I awoke to be informed that my colon is as slick and blemish-free as an Olympic luge track, whereupon I hugged the nurse. I never hug anyone.”
- “Noise can blow your head out. Noise is rage. Noise is ecstatic. Noise is psychedelic. Noise is often on the edge between annoyance and bliss. Noises are many things. Noise is a difficult concept to deal with.“
- Sinatra, exiting a helicopter, drink in hand
- Stand-up comic Jenn Tisdale explains why she decided to make a porno with a famous male porn star
My choice for Tumblr of the Week goes to Great Grottu.
Some images culled from therein:
If you’re looking for interesting Tumblr accounts to follow, boy do I know of a humdinger. It’s called “Architecture of Doom.”
From its FAQ page (film hyperlink courtesy of me):
The idea of the blog was to post mostly architecture that is often seen as bleak/gloomy/forbidding/desolate/unfortunate and totalitarian architecture. The name comes from a documentary with that name (Undergångens arkitektur is the original title in Swedish) about the Nazi aesthetic.
Below are some images culled from its pages.
From the Tumblr